Display issues and IE/FF differences

Installation Problems And Solutions

Display issues and IE/FF differences

Postby slimypizza » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:09 am

Hi. I'm new here and trying out the free version before going to paid version. Upon installation I get the following in the upper left corner for both IE9 and FF 21.0 when running Example 1. Otherwise Example 1 seems to work. Example 2 as well though I have not tested either rigorously.

For either browser I get the erroneous lines below in Example 1 but there are differences at least on my system between IE and FF and how things are displayed. For FF, the four icons - info, edit copy and delete do not display. I only get four vertical inoperative dots. In IE I get the correct icons in a horizontal format.

Any ideas what is wrong? Also, can I hide the ID column? I tried adding "H" to the permissions but 'ID' still showed up.

select `employees`.`id`,
`employees`.`first_name`,
`employees`.`last_name`,
`employees`.`email`,
`employees`.`department`,
date_format(hire_date,"%d %M %Y") as `hire_date`
from employees
order by `first_name` asc limit 0, 20
slimypizza

Re: Display issues and IE/FF differences

Postby slimypizza » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:49 am

select `employees`.`id`,
`employees`.`first_name`,
`employees`.`last_name`,
`employees`.`email`,
`employees`.`department`,
date_format(hire_date,"%d %M %Y") as `hire_date`
from employees
order by `last_name` asc limit 0, 20

Just to be clear, the above text appears in the upper left corner when running Example 1 in both IE and FF. What do I need to change in the code to stop printing that? Thank you.

Also, there are differences in how IE9 and FF 21.0 display Example 1. IE seems to work the best and displays the 4 icons (info, edit, copy, delete) in a horizontal row on the right hand side as it should. However, in FF, what should be the 4 icons are just 4 vertical dots. They don't function and nothing displays when hovering either. Is there a way to make this work for both IE and FF? Thank you.
slimypizza

Return to Installation