Newbie Installation

Installation Problems And Solutions

Newbie Installation

Postby datadon » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:27 pm

I don't have a lot of knowledge in this area, but I get by ok, but I don't see a lot of installation help here or in the documentation. Some basic questions:

1. Can I see an example of the common.php filled out? For example, does $mysqlUser = 'mydatabase_mydatabaseuser'

2. I see something about running the example sql file. Why do I want to do that? Is it necessary?

3. What do I do so I can connect my sql database up to this script? I know we connect via the common.php, but do I have to enter fields somewhere like in the example script or is that automatic?

I know these may sound like silly questions, but to someone not a "real" programmer, they are important.

Examples, step by step for something like this are very important. Are there some and I'm just missing them?

I appreciate any help. Thanks
datadon

Re: Newbie Installation

Postby datadon » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:10 pm

I don't think this is going to work for me. Since this appears to be the only method of communication with the author then I think it is not acceptable. Cannot expect people to wait around until someone provides there thoughts on an answer that you may or may not get. Sorry.

I will request a refund.
datadon

Postby admin » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:30 am

To connect to the database you just need to set a few variables in the Common.php file. For example
Code: Select all
var $mysqlUser = 'testuser';
var $mysqlDb = 'testdb';
var $mysqlHost = 'localhost';
var $mysqlDbPass = 'testpass';

If you don't know what your mysql user name and password are you can usually create one via your web hosting control panel.

Running the sql creates the example tables and the mate_columns table which is necessary for hiding/showing columns and saving column order. If you don't need or want these features you don't need to create the mate_columns table.

To execute the sql I recommend doing it with phpmyadmin. Most web hosting companies have this installed by default. Just copy the text in the sql file and paste it in a query editor in phpmyadmin and hit the go button.

If you need to get in contact with me you can email me at info@mysqlajaxtableeditor.com.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Mesqueeb » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:36 am

To execute the sql I recommend doing it with phpmyadmin.

Please write this in the README. As it cost me just an hour to figure out how to run an sql file. Luckily I found this post!
A little more extensive installation manual would be greatly appreciated!
Cheers.
Mesqueeb

Return to Installation