Cant get mate 4.2 to actually display a table

Installation Problems And Solutions

Cant get mate 4.2 to actually display a table

Postby jtzako » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:40 pm

I'm trying to get started using Mate 4.2 and ran into some trouble.

When I try to load an example I found http://www.jebriggs.com/blog/2011/05/mysql-ajax-table-editor-notes/it just shows the loading icon followed by 'back to examples'.

I put in my URL myserver.com/mate_test.php?table=mytable&db=mydb (using my actual info of course) as the example requires, but nothing happens. I also dont get any errors on the page, or in my server logs.

Any ideas what might be going wrong? My best guess is it is failing to actually connect to the DB, but without any errors I am not certain.
jtzako

Re: Cant get mate 4.2 to actually display a table

Postby cjrhoads » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:29 pm

I'm having the exact same problem. I just purchased this editor and I'd like to see how it works, but I can't seem to get any of the examples to work.
My database is loaded with the examples. The user and password are correct. I've gone into each of the files and made sure that they could find the DBC.php and common.php files. What could be wrong?
cjrhoads

Postby admin » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:32 pm

Are php errors being displayed on your server? Could you post a link to the examples you have installed?
admin
Site Admin

Postby cjrhoads » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:04 am

Just to complete this thread, I was able to get the example tables to display by reviewing the paths that had been set at installation in Common.php, which were incorrect. Now it works just fine.
Thanks for all your help.
CJ
cjrhoads

Postby rich » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:19 am

Would you mind expounding upon "reviewing the paths". I have the exact same Common.php file on a Centos7 machine that works, and can't get it to work on Centos8.

Thanks in advance.
rich

Postby rich » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:56 pm

I wish to move my webserver from a Centos7 machine to a Centos8 machine. All of the MATE files have been copied to new machine, but they do not work on the RHEL8 system.

My issue appears to be the same as the original post. The AJAX loader icon is displayed along with the message "back to examples".

There are no PHP error messages, even after setting display_errors in php.ini. Also nothing in the logs.

A separate httpd process starts when an example scripts is executed, and they do not exist. The new processes are using a lot of cpu cycles.

Has anyone had success with MATE on rhel8?

Rich
rich

Postby rich » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:18 am

I have determined that the problem only exists when mod_security is installed.

Rich
rich

Return to Installation