Further development

Discuss MySQL Ajax Table Editor

Further development

Postby odiggy » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:38 am

Are there any plans for further development of this script? It's truly great and I have been using it for years but it seems like there hasn't been an update in a long time.
odiggy

Re: Further development

Postby KarelB » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:02 pm

Hi

Like you I am a long time user of this excellent piece of software. There indeed hasn't been an update for a long time, but the script is pretty bug free and it has all the handles to modify it to your needs.

So I am interested to know what you are missing. Maybe somebody has already tackled it and is willing to share it in this forum. To start this of, my wish list is:
    Fixed headers - none of the jQuery plugins I tried works straight out of the box.
    Better handling of the order columns page - I use tables with a large number of fields that makes it hard to handle in the current setup.

Please share you ideas and maybe we can work something out.

Regards

Karel
KarelB

Re: Further development

Postby odiggy » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:32 am

Thanks for your reply!

I agree that this is an excellent piece of software! I looked at many new CRUDs and couldn't settle on any of them being able to beat this with so much flexibility. It's really amazing! This is why I would love to see this software continue development.

I would like to see (and some of these things I could do myself, maybe):

1) Responsive design (just a matter of some CSS I suppose)
2) More jquery plugins (i added in timepicker for my project)
3) Easy integration with CMS systems, Wordpress, Drupal etc (maybe this is easy just haven't tried it yet)
4) Built-in user authentication/password, user access levels
5) Built-in automatic email functionality (i'm adding this with another script/cron jobs to email mysql results)
6) More multi-edit capabilities
7) Integrated charts (I'm using highcharts to grab data from my database)
8) More code examples would be great
9) More or easier ways to implement different input options (i.e. radio buttons, multiple dropdowns, etc)

I'm just a novice wannabe coder, I'm basically just searching this forum, the documentation and Googling to figure out how to make my project work. :lol:
odiggy

Return to Open Discussion