Search string and tabel_fun callback

Discuss MySQL Ajax Table Editor Paid Version

Search string and tabel_fun callback

Postby KarelB » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:13 pm

HI,

I have the following scenario:
One of my database fields holds a multi-line text string. When displaying this in mate it will show as one long record scrolling horizontally of the screen. This is kind of ugly.
So with a table_fun call back I replace the long multi-line string with an image and when clicked it shows a modal window with the actual value.
This works like a charm.

But now I want to take it one step further. When searching with the quick search all matches in the table are highlighted with a color. And although it finds the search string in the long text field, it is not highlighted in the popup window.

In the source code of AjaxTableEditor.php in the displayTableHtml (approx line 2440) I tried to set the search logic before the table_fun but that did not work as expected.

Any other ideas how this can be accomplished...
This is in the paid version, but I also need to implement it in the pro version)

Regards

KArel
KarelB

Re: Search string and tabel_fun callback

Postby admin » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:08 pm

When the image is clicked can you grab the value of the quick search and use javascript to highlight the string? Or if you are doing an ajax request to grab the string you could highlight the string on the server.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Search string and tabel_fun callback

Postby KarelB » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:58 am

Thanks for the suggestion.
I will report back if I have the final solution
KarelB

Return to Paid Version