Jquery or bootstrap tooltip in Header

Discuss MySQL Ajax Table Editor Paid Version

Jquery or bootstrap tooltip in Header

Postby hexxamillion » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:31 pm

I have been trying to add jquery or boostrap tooltip to the table headers. Ive tried a few suggestions from the forums but most are overkill for what I need. Any suggestions on a method to apply tooltip to table headers? It's important to note that I am using the inline edit design..

Or even tooltips to table content.
hexxamillion

Re: Jquery or bootstrap tooltip in Header

Postby KarelB » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:02 pm

What i use is a very simple method that initially does not require jquery or bootstrap tooltip

Use the col_header_info option to set any long title.
Code: Select all
col_header_info' =>  'title="'My long description'"

This will show an eliminatory tooltip. If that is not sufficient you should be able to take it from here and add jQuery or BS tooltips.
Hope this helps

KArel
KarelB

Postby KarelB » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:04 pm

And if you want to have tooltips on tablecontent you can use a table_fun callback
Something like:

function addTootip($col,$val,$row)
{
   $html ='<span title=" Your tootltip html">' . $val .'</span>';
        return $html;   
}

To add BS toottiip follow the examples here: http://www.w3schools.com/bootstrap/boot ... ooltip.asp
Have fun

KArel
KarelB

Postby hexxamillion » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:26 pm

KarelB wrote:What i use is a very simple method that initially does not require jquery or bootstrap tooltip

Use the col_header_info option to set any long title.
col_header_info' =>  'title="'My long description'"

This will show an eliminatory tooltip. If that is not sufficient you should be able to take it from here and add jQuery or BS tooltips.
Hope this helps

KArel

Right. This of course works but what I am having a problem with is that it seems like it doesn't recognize any jquery I try. If I apply outside of the mate code on the page it works as expected. Any suggestions on where I need to call the jquery for it to work?

Adding to the common.php does not seem to work.
hexxamillion

Postby hexxamillion » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:59 pm

Oh...I just stumbled across hint.css which is purely css tooltip. No js needed to implement. Works like a charm.
from displayTableHtml section added the class="hint--bottom" to the td tag.

$html .= '<td '.$colHeaderInfo.' class="hint--bottom"><a href="javascript: void(0);" onclick="'.$this->instanceName.'.toAjaxTableEditor(\'order_by_changed\', new Array(\''.$col.'\',\''.$oppAscOrDesc.'\'),{updateHistory: true});">'.$info['display_text'].'</a> '.$arrow.'</td>';
     }
     else
     {
      $html .= '<td '.$colHeaderInfo.' class="hint--bottom"><a href="javascript: void(0);" onclick="'.$this->instanceName.'.toAjaxTableEditor(\'order_by_changed\', new Array(\''.$col.'\',\'asc\'),{updateHistory: true});"">'.$info['display_text'].'</a></td>';   
     }

then

for the col_header_info I replaced 'title' tag with 'data-hint'.

Example:

'col_header_info' => 'data-hint="Select from drop down."'

I also had to modify the first section of css to postion:relative and also commented out display: inline-block. Works like a charm. The next version on MATE should include this as it implements nice simple tooltip without js and modifying much code logic.
hexxamillion

Postby hexxamillion » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:08 pm

Here's a screenshot.

hintcss.jpg
hintcss.jpg (40.4 KiB) Viewed 21707 times
hexxamillion

Return to Paid Version