error with pro 4.2

Discuss MySQL Ajax Table Editor Pro Version

error with pro 4.2

Postby edwardsmarkf » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:11 pm

hello -

when i install the pro version, and create a new db, i get the same error i see referenced in:

https://mysqlajaxtableeditor.com/discussmate/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1443:

was this error ever resolved? its interesting the free version works fine but not the pro version!

here is all i did:

1) unzip the 4.2 zip file
2) create db & user, and run ./sql/mate.sql
3) edit the DBC.php file

also, i am not seeing much activity here anymore. is MATE still being actively supported and used?

EDIT: from looking at the pro forum replies, i am seeing a LOT of unanswered postings. so lately i have been looking at two others, phpgrid (com and org) - both look like worthy successors, and both are well supported.
edwardsmarkf

Re: error with pro 4.2

Postby cjrhoads » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:20 am

I certainly hope that MATE is still being actively supported and used since I just purchased it.

I had trouble installing it, and Chris responded to my email and helped me figure out what I was doing wrong.

I'm looking for more help, however, as I'm now trying to use this thing for real. I hired someone (who knows much more than me) to help me figure out how to get it to work with my database, and we've been making quite a bit of progress.
But it would still be helpful to figure out if this tool is good for the long term. Can you tell me more about the other systems you talked about? They seem pretty expensive compared to this one, which was priced very reasonably.
Thanks
CJ
cjrhoads

Re: error with pro 4.2

Postby cjrhoads » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:15 pm

Well, it does appear that there aren't many people here reading these posts. And I hit a wall trying to understand MATE, so I tried PHPGrid. While I got the free version to run, you can't edit tables with the free version (I discovered), so to do what I wanted I need to purchase it. I did. And the paid version wouldn't work.
Five days, and 8 attempts to contact their technical support - and still not even a hint as to why the system won't run at all. I think it is so strange since the free version worked, and I set up the paid version exactly the same as the free version. But Nada. No help. No support. No phpgrid. Even worse than MATE.

So I guess I'll give up trying to find an already-set up table editing framework and just spend the time learning enough php to write my own. <sigh> I find it so hard to believe that such a thing doesn't exist in the PHP/MySQL world when the PC database world (DBase, RBase, FoxPro, Access) have had such basic functionality in the software since the 80s. I guess I'm just missing something.

If anyone reading this knows of such a system (automatically generated tables and forms based upon the already existing column names) please let me know at cjrhoads@etmassociates.com. And if anyone is able/willing to help me get past the issues I'm having getting MATE to work with joined tables, again, please contact me. I'm willing to pay an hourly fee for help.
cjrhoads

Return to Pro Version