2021 Dev/Implement/Bugs topic

Discuss MySQL Ajax Table Editor Pro Version

2021 Dev/Implement/Bugs topic

Postby jyoungCCE » Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:33 am

Long story short, I'm programming an extensive application based around MATE 4.2, and while I'm only really a php expert (my JS could use work) I've already had a bit of success understanding the php part of MATE 4.2 pro and modifying it to fix some irritating issues and add some necessary functionality and flexibility. The point of this topic is help wayward users who stumble onto this forum in the near future to help collaborate and find assistance. You can respond here (I'll try to set things up so I get notified) or email me directly at jyoung@chenille.com

Notes:

As far as I can tell, file uploads are almost entirely broken, with error handling just being given up on halfway. Dev looked like he started on it but then gave up when a working build seemed to save files all right in one of the examples. I'd like to work on this in the future, but for the most part you only really need spalared's excellent fix from here to get things rolling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1392&sid=1b2c0119cf98690ea37077ef8d62669c#p5509

I've been doing some extensive work on the example with joins, and modified both the example and AjaxTableEditor.php to handle user auth tables a bit more effectively. The example now doesn't require the employee drop down to be filled in (it can be instructed to insert a 0 for row reference ids), it explicitly disallows duplicate entries for usernames (whether adding or editing), and it uses a better standard for password hashing, bcrypt, as well as effectively choosing a random password if a row is added without a password being filled in (but explicitly does not follow this behavior for editing). I've added three new custom options so these could be applied to any columns you want, 'null_value', 'prevent_duplicate', and 'blank_default'.

I'm not going to share the edits here while I'm still improving them, but I will share code snippets on request, on those issues and any others that come up in this thread.
jyoungCCE

Re: 2021 Dev/Implement/Bugs topic

Postby admin » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:25 am

As you can see from the pro demo https://mysqlajaxtableeditor.com/ProDemo.php the upload does work.

As I stated in the email response I sent you, the validation messages returned from the upload callback are not displayed. This is a bug that I will be fixing as soon as I get some time. For now a possible work around is to use the following code to display any validation messages from the upload_fun callback.
Code: Select all
$this->Editor->addTooltipMsg('Validation error goes here');
admin
Site Admin

Re: 2021 Dev/Implement/Bugs topic

Postby jyoungCCE » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:59 pm

Gotcha! I'll keep that in mind as I peck at this.
jyoungCCE

Return to Pro Version